Well I've always threatened to do it...
and here's a go at it.
There are a lot of fine library kvetch blogs out there. Miss Information and Happyville Library spring to mind, but as any time spent in a library breakroom will tell you, there are never enough evil, poignant or just plain crude patron stories out there.
Confused by the title? Urban dictionary may clarify. I prefer Shhh to Shut--it being more librarianish. I have found myself saying "Shhh" a lot more lately. My library, like many others across the country has had a recent influx of youth. And by youth I mean do-rag wearin', cussin', screamin', fightin', crunching their potato chips on the floor and leaving chicken bones by the computer keyboards (which are already covered in cheeto dust), that kind of fine young patron. Never mind the usual drunks, mentally ill, drug addicts, perverts. And therein, I hope lies the source of infinate tales. Because after all, nothing makes for a great story like human suffering.
Especially mine.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home